Wednesday 30 September 2015

Huh people :s

Hello,

It takes a lot to get under my skin. I consider myself pretty calm and I do not get rattled by non-work related issues. I feel like I am back in kindergarten kids poking and laughing. I assume I am getting the norm treatment, people are being condescending, making meat jokes, saying I am making a bad choice (haha seriously?) and just other rude comments. Like I said before I am very new to this new lifestyle and I don't know all the scientific facts behind this plant based whole food lifestyle. There is so many aspects of why people go vegan, it could be healthy choices, environmental, ethical, compassionate, could be many reasons. For me the first issue for me was environmental I couldn't believe the devastation the meat industry was doing to the rain forest (Amazon) and the dead zones in the sea. It was just eye opening for me on an environmental aspect. I am getting heckled from friends, co-workers, and strangers for my wife's and I new purchase. We did purchase a new SUV. I know not the best for the environment but it is a lot better fuel economy and emissions friendly then our last car. We needed the additional space for our pups and our travelling. We also take the bus to work so that's a plus. On another point a person posted a link to a documentary called Earthlings ( https://youtu.be/PB_ZMiYy_OQ). I am not a super emotional person but I did not have a dry eye during this feature. It is very graphic and really eye opener. I do not recommend it for everyone but I do believe everyone should see it (if that makes sense). 
On a happy note I ran for the first time in 6 weeks boom!!! For those who don't know I tripped and tore the ligaments and fractured my ankle. I was super nervous but it went well. I ran on the treadmill I do not trust snappy the ankle on trails yet. I ran 5km in 24min on a 3% incline didn’t feel so bad. I was sucking wind and sweating buckets, I think this was due to just getting over a cold the last 3 days. Speaking of cold. People asked me if my switching to vegan caused my onset of cold symptoms. This is one topic I am not up to par with. I don't know if switching to vegan made me sick. I remember when I quit smoking I became very ill with pneumonia had to see the doctor and he told me it is the way my body is trying to get rid of the toxins. Maybe my body is doing the same thing since I cleaned up my eating habits. Honestly I don't know remember I do take the germ filled cesspool called OC TRANSPO to work.
To be honest I am happy. I know I am making great choices and saving my body. My wife and I are connecting on a whole new level (me enjoying her cooking most of all). Besides the cold/flu I had I am feeling great. I am reading a book called "Meat Is for Pussies" A How-To Guide for Dudes Who Want to Get Fit, Kick Ass, and Take Names. I will relate to this book next post. It has been a really helpful tool in my transition into a plant based whole food lifestyle.

Once again thank you for taking the time to read I really appreciate it.

Fact: Livestock is responsible for 65% nitrous oxide emissions 

Corey


No comments:

Post a Comment